[XeTeX] XeTeX and Classical Mongolian

Thomas T. Pedersen ttpedersen at get2net.dk
Mon Oct 4 00:57:11 CEST 2004

Has anyone tried to use XeTeX with Classical Mongolian?

Code2000 vers. 1.14 has OpenType support for Classical Mongolian and
works with BabelPad under Windows XP with Uniscribe 1.471.4063.0.

In XeTeX, i
f I just define the font as "Code2000:script=mong", the output displays
the isolated form of the characters.

I've experienced with three available features 'init', 'medi' and
'fina', adding e.g. ";+init;+medi;+fina". The output changes but it's
apparently using either the initial, medial or final forms of the
characters - and not the right combination of them.

Attached you'll find a short sample text string in Classical Mongolian
to experiment with.

Any suggestions to make it work are welcome.

Best regards
Thomas T. Pedersen
http://ee.www.ee/transliteration/