[XeTeX] I have broken XeTeX

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Sun Oct 3 18:57:31 CEST 2004

Hi Jonathan

I appear to have broken my XeTeX somehow. I don't know when it
occurred, since I haven't used XeTeX for a while, but I have
reinstalled gwTeX & XeTeX and the problem remains.

Whenever I try and choose a new font, I get a segmentation fault. For
example, CM-test.tex works, but story-zapfino.tex does not:

This is XeTeXk, Version 3.14159-2.1-0.871 (Web2C 7.5.2)
  \write18 enabled.
  %&-line parsing enabled.
entering extended mode
(./story-zapfino.texSegmentation fault

Since no-one else has reported difficulties, I figure this is something
wrong with my machine, but I'm stuck troubleshooting. Any ideas? Sorry
for the inconvenience...

Will