[XeTeX] OpenType features

Cyril Niklaus cynik at mac.com
Sun Oct 3 04:03:25 CEST 2004

On 3 oct. 04, at 02:09, Jonathan Kew wrote:
> Is your Win2000 system actually doing positioning of the diacritics,
> or simply leaving them at default overstrike positions? (I suspect
> Win2000 might not include GPOS support in Devanagari.) You could test
> this by comparing the positioning of marks on 'ba' and 'ka', for
> example.
Simply by adding a "be" and a "ke" on the mac side first showed me the
accents a bit to the left of "ba" and to the right of "ka",
particularly with Sanskrit 2003 (it was  a bit better with Arial
Unicode, though; I don't have other devanagari fonts installed at the
moment). I again opened that file with Word on the Win2000 and the
accents were properly placed, as was the case in the pdf output of the
.tex file.
Don't really see what else I can do to help, but feel free to ask!
Cyril