[XeTeX] XeTeX logo in fontspec.pdf

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Tue Nov 30 00:30:46 CET 2004

On 30 Nov 2004, at 7:39 AM, William F. Adams wrote:

> On Nov 25, 2004, at 10:36 PM, Will Robertson wrote:
>
>> I'm a little unsure if I -want- to use the XeTeX logo whenever I
>> refer to it by name. See for example fontinst.pdf which uses only
>> initial caps when talking about `Latex'.
>> Having said that, I probably will :)
>>
>> I do think it would be a good idea, however, to make \XeTeX a
>> predefined command when using XeTeX a la \TeX in TeX and \LaTeX in
>> LaTeX.
>
> I'm slowly growing out of Bumpy-LoGo-IficatioN and am trying out just
> using the logo once, at its first occurrence, footnoting that, and in
> the footnote noting that that's what the logo looks like, but for the
> balance of the document it'll be set in caps-small-caps (which I think
> is a reasonable compromise).

Nice idea.
It might even be better to do it the other way around?
(That is, at the first occurrence, put the bumpy logo in the footnote.)

Regardless, I'm missing the specifics of how you typeset it in the
text. Do you define "X\textsc{etex}" or "X\textsc{e}T\textsc{e}X" ? (I
would guess the former.)

Regards,
Other Will