[XeTeX] \beginL and colour

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Mon Nov 15 19:54:19 CET 2004

On 15 Nov 2004, at 12:58 pm, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Adam Lindsay wrote:
>
>> Well, I'm all for it. I spent a little time this weekend trying to do
>> such a thing by hand (well, with ConTeXt *commalist macros), and
>> ended up
>> getting stymied keeping track of the +feat/-feat negation that has to
>> take place. It can be done, but it was starting to explode the
>> problem.
>
> I just tried to install the latest xetex ... a few observations:
>
> - the --translate-file option is not yet supported (i.e. should be
> ignored but not give an error message)

Yes, it's not supported; I'm a little uneasy about silently ignoring
it, though, as users who for some reason actually want to use a .tcx
file will consider it a bug if their file has no effect!

> - shouldn't the xplain.tex file be part of the binaries zip?

Not really; it's not an essential piece required to run XeTeX, it's an
add-on for formats like Plain or LaTeX or whatever, but the program is
runnable without those extra character properties.

> (is the --engine option supported>?)

I'm not familiar with that. What's it expected to do?