[XeTeX] landscape mode?

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Tue Nov 2 00:05:57 CET 2004

On 1 Nov 2004, at 10:24 pm, Marcus Hauer wrote:

> hi,
> i know there were already some questions regarding landscape doc. with
> xetex, but is this issue resolved (v0.88)? i mean i tried all hints in
> a latex document, but nothing works.
>
> i'm using following code (snippets):
>
> -------
>
> %&program=xelatex
> %&encoding=UTF-8 Unicode
>
> \documentclass[landscape,twocolumn,letterpaper]{article}

I'm a bit surprised to see "letterpaper" here....

> (...)
>
> \usepackage{osxfonts}
> \renewcommand{\encodingdefault}{U}
> \NewOSXFontFamily{HN55}{Helvetica Neue LT Std 55 Roman}
> \renewcommand{\rmdefault}{HN55}
>
> \usepackage{geometry}
>
> \begin{document}
>
> -------
>
> i use the personal script option with:
> xelatex -papersize=legal:landscape

....but "legal" here. I would have thought that

	xelatex -papersize=letter:landscape

would be the appropriate command.

However, I also noted the

> %&program=xelatex

line, which suggests you're using TeXShop; I'm not sure how TeXShop
handles this, but I'm guessing it probably takes precedence over your
"personal script" setting, and runs the xelatex.engine script
*instead*.

To confirm whether your basic LaTeX setup is OK, have you tried running
xelatex from the command line instead? If that works, you're just
facing TeXShop interface issues. You may need to create a custom
"engine" script if you want to use the %&program=.... technique there.

HTH,

Jonathan