[XeTeX] Fwd: Re: [NTG-context] XeTeX fonts

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Mon Nov 1 17:16:33 CET 2004

On 1 Nov 2004, at 2:51 pm, Christopher Creutzig wrote:

> (Now the next problem is that mpost, as expected, fails to do many
> things, but that's not a XeTeX problem per se – are the differences
> between dvi and xdv documented somewhere?)

Not yet, I'm afraid, partly because xdv is still a moving target. (Most
recent revision was around v.0.8-something, as the OpenType support
began to settle down.) Basically, there are just a few new op-codes,
for "native" (host platform) font definitions, for text strings set in
"native" font, and for QuickTime and PDF images.

If you want to try and do something with xdv files, I could give you
more specific details, but I don't promise stability yet!

Jonathan