[XeTeX] latex and superiors

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Thu May 27 20:08:45 CEST 2004

On 27 May 2004, at 6:53 pm, Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

> How would I define a special footnote font to access Hoefler Text
> superior figures?
>
> Normally this it'd be something like this following, but am not sure
> how to define the "fn" font with xetex:
>
> \makeatletter
> \def\@makefnmark{\hbox{\fontshape{fn}\selectfont\@thefnmark}}
> \makeatother

In terms of the basic XeTeX \font command, something like this works
fine:

	\font\txt="Hoefler Text" at 12pt
	\font\fn="Hoefler Text:Vertical Position=Superiors" at 12pt

	\txt
	This is a test{\fn a} for the footnote{\fn b} markers.

	\bye

However, I don't know anything about the whole LaTeX font selection
scheme, so I'm not the person to determine how to tie AAT features in
with all that.