[XeTeX] Background picture

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Sat May 22 11:55:55 CEST 2004

Hi Julian,

On 22/05/2004, at 7:48 PM, Julien Salort wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a clean way to define a background picture ?
>
> In pdflatex, I'm doing (with the fancyhdr package)
> \lhead{\setlength{\unitlength}{1cm}%
> \begin{picture}(21,7.8)%
> \makebox(21,7.8)[tl]{\includegraphics{background}}%
> \end{picture}%
> }
>
> But it looks like a hack.
>
> Would it be possible to add a \special in XeTeX to do that in a cleaner
> way ?

There's no need for a \special command to support this.
It can be done using existing macros and packages
--- hence using LaTeX coding that should do the best
possible under whatever the typesetting engine.

See, for example, the  eso-pic  package.

Hope this helps,

	Ross

Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au
Sydney, Australia                                  fax: +61 +2 9850 8114