[XeTeX] Re: [OS X TeX] Where is XeTeX README?

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri May 21 22:20:37 CEST 2004

Thanks for responding to this, Bruno. I haven't been on the "TeX on Mac
OS X" mailing list, but with wider exposure for XeTeX, I'd better keep
an eye on it.

You're right; I've realized that the i-Installer package doesn't
currently present the same Read Me as the original Apple Installer
package. That's something I should fix next time I update it.

The XeTeX site at <http://scripts.sil.org/xetex> has recently acquired
an FAQ page, by the way, and a page on configuring TeXShop; some of the
material from the missing Read Me can be found there. I'll add material
as time permits.

And it's certainly true that overall documentation for XeTeX is very
limited at the moment. Partly, this is because it's is a pretty
fast-moving target for the time being. I try to document additions
(often by means of examples), in the Sample Files package (which is a
separate download; that's another thing i-Installer users might miss,
and I should put some pointers into the i-Package). But I haven't
wanted to spend a lot of time writing documentation that will be
obsolete within weeks. There are still major new features that might
show up soon if I get them working. ;-)

Regards,

Jonathan