[XeTeX] XeTeX and Fink

Chanop Silpa-Anan chanop at syseng.anu.edu.au
Fri May 21 12:26:18 CEST 2004

That's pretty much the same route I took when I install in
/usr/local/share/texmf, but I ended up doing things by hand instead of
hacking the pre/postflight scripts.

For maths fonts, I have found that Thierry Bouche's article in MAPS
<http://www.ntg.nl/maps/pdf/21_18.pdf> gives most of the information
I need to change math fonts in TeX. At least, I have managed to make
myself MathGalliad to go with Carter and Cone's Galliard -- just
beautiful. It was a hairy, iterative, nevetheless a fun, process.

Cheers,

Chanop

On a good day of Fri, May 21, 2004 at 06:53:03AM +0200, Matija Pretnar wrote

> I have a Fink installed tex and the differences are:
> texmf.local is replaced by texmf-local
> texmf.cnf is located in /sw/share/texmf/web2c/
> fmtutil.cnf is located in /sw/var/lib/texmf/web2c/
>
> I modified the install scripts and it works fine.
> If you have the courage to try them, copy XeTeX.pkg to disk and
> right-click (control-click) on it and select 'Show Package Contents'.
> Then go to Contents/Resources and replace existing postflight and
> preflight scripts with the attached ones.
> Try only if you know what you are doing. I don't, but I try to do my
> best.
> This is for XeTeX 0.7
>
> By the way: how to change the font used for math variables in LaTeX? Is
> it possible to change greek letters also?

| Chanop Silpa-Anan                 <Chanop.Silpa-Anan at syseng.anu.edu.au>     |
| Australian National University                                              |
| got sparetime ?                                                             |
| http://thai.anu.edu.au/                                                     |
|           Debian GNU/Hurd           ICQ uin 11366301                        |