[XeTeX] XeTeX version 0.6 available

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Mon May 10 16:49:09 CEST 2004

On 9 May 2004, at 11:11 pm, Ross Moore wrote:

> BTW, I have a slightly improved driver which
>
>   a.  implements the  HSB  color model
>
>   b.  ensures only one \special{x:backgroundcolor=...}
>       can go on a page.
>
> Jonathan, did you implement the 'backgroundcolor' yet?
> It hasn't worked for me.

No, I didn't; but I'll give it some thought. You're expecting it to set
the background color of the entire page, right?

What makes it tricky is that currently, xdv2pdf simply draws the
contents of the .xdv file, in the order it encounters them, into a
Quartz graphics context; it has no direct control over the PDF
generation. So when it sees \special{x:backgroundcolor=...}, it may
well be too late to apply a background to the page as a whole. I can
think of ways to deal with this, but I'm concerned about having a
performance impact on all documents (whether or not they actually use
\special{x:backgroundcolor=...}).

I'll try and find time to experiment a bit.........