[XeTeX] Trying to Build Format

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Jun 21 22:11:57 CEST 2004

Howdy,

I've got a macro set that is an extension of Plain and I want to create an
xfmt file for it so I can use the AAT and otf fonts in files.

I've created a file,tmm.ini, that inputs the macro set and xplain, like
xetex.ini, and compile it with

 xetex -ini *tmm.ini

to activate the special behavior of xetex.

If I process one of my old files which just uses CM fonts with

 xetex &tmm fname

all goes well, but trying to compile AAT-info leads to errors

(./AAT-info.tex
! Undefined control sequence.
l.26 \nf=\XeTeXcountfeatures
                            \testfont
?
! Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
                   \testfont
l.26 \nf=\XeTeXcountfeatures\testfont

?
! Undefined control sequence.
l.60 \nv=\XeTeXcountvariations
                              \testfont
?
! Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
                   \testfont
l.60 \nv=\XeTeXcountvariations\testfont

?
! Undefined control sequence.
l.80 \ng=\XeTeXcountglyphs
                          \testfont
?
! Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
                   \testfont
l.80 \ng=\XeTeXcountglyphs\testfont

?
[1] )
Output written on AAT-info.pdf (1 page).
Transcript written on AAT-info.log.

which I interpret as meaning that the ``special'' features of xetex aren't
activated.

Can I get some guidance or at least a place to start looking?

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest.com)