[XeTeX] XeTeX and Arabic

Musa Furber musaf at runbox.com
Tue Jun 15 14:41:26 CEST 2004

Mr. Kew,

Now that my segmentation fault problem is fixed (many thanks to both
you and Adam Lindsay, and my apologies to everyone else for the slurry
of messages), I tried the Arabic.tex example with the (very small)
catalog of Arabic fonts I have.

The Arabic fonts shipped with OS X worked as expected and desired.

The fonts I have from elsewhere (Windows, for example) behave as
expected but not as desired: the proper letter is shown, but not the
proper glyph given the adjacent letter. I wrote "expected," because
this is what often happen in other applications; changing the font to
one of the Arabic fonts shipped with OS X fixes the problem.

Is there any way to solve this?

Regards,
Musa