[XeTeX] XeTeX segmentation faults

Musa Furber musaf at runbox.com
Tue Jun 15 13:23:17 CEST 2004

On 15 Jun 2004, at 11:27, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> On 15 Jun 2004, at 8:42 am, Musa Furber wrote:
>> Here is the last entry in the xelatex log:
>>
>> [...]
>
> OK, that's helpful. I remember you mentioned that the samples using CM
> fonts worked OK, but others crashed; this is consistent with that
> behavior. It looks like there is a font installed in your system that
> is somehow confusing Apple Type Services; possibly a damaged/corrupt
> font file.

Yes, I did add a four penmanship fonts, hoping to give my son something
to do with his spare time during the Summer break. Two of the four
fonts deactivated easily, while two refused. So I deleted them. The two
that did not want to be deactivated also refused to be removed from the
GUI, though no problems from the shell.

I still get segmentation faults.

What exactly do I need to do to ensure that those fonts, once gone,
will no longer have any bearing on XeTeX? Will I need to remove XeTeX
and reinstall, or is font removal enough?

I'll start fiddling a bit more.

Thanks much for the pointer. I am sure that this will be resolved soon.

As a side issue: The file I rendered with XeLaTeX previously had
something that may be of interest. While '' was rendered as a
smart-close-quote, ``was rendered as two marks and not as a
smart-begin-quote.

Regards,
Musa