[XeTeX] Hanging figures by default with otf?

J P Blevins jpb39 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Jun 10 17:04:23 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to define some style and fd files in XeTeX to mimic my
current (pdf)latex setup. My existing style files for Adobe Garamond,
Bembo, etc., are set up to use the expert fonts with 'hanging' figures
by default (padj, pbbj, etc., in the Berry naming scheme).

Is there a feature setting that I can add to:

\DeclareFontShape{U}{AdobeGaramondPro}{m}{n}%
     {<-> "Adobe\space Garamond\space Pro"}{}

to have it use the hanging/old style figures in text?

Adding :+c2sc comes close, but also converts capitals to small caps:

\DeclareFontShape{U}{AdobeGaramondPro}{m}{n}%
     {<-> "Adobe\space Garamond\space Pro:+c2sc"}{}

and :Number\space Case=Small\space Caps has no effect (in 10.3.3):

 \DeclareFontShape{U}{AdobeGaramondPro}{m}{n}%
     {<-> "Adobe\space Garamond\space Pro:Number\space Case=Small\space
Caps"}{}

Thanks for any suggestions,

-Jim