[XeTeX] ledmac in XeTeX?

Somadevah at aol.com Somadevah at aol.com
Thu Jun 10 11:32:40 CEST 2004

I wonder if anyone has tried using Ledmac (the LaTeX version of Edmac) in
XeTeX? The ledarden.tex sample file works as expected with CM fonts but if you
specify OT fonts then the linespacing is messed up. Is this because, as Jonathan
mentioned earlier, XeTeX does not have the full metrics   of a font available
(and Ledmac somehow needs these), or am I just missing something obvious.

So far I have tried to add a \strut for each line to avoid this problem, but
it does not seem to work?

Grateful for any help.

Somadeva Vasudeva
Wolfson College