[XeTeX] New warning in XeTeX?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Jun 9 00:21:43 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm taking advantage of a short document to write, to get my hands at
XeTeX more seriously. As a warm-up session, when I typeset the examples
in the distribution, I get for CM the warnings:

> (./transforms.tex [1]
> *** no 'post' table found, unable to re-encode font cmr10
> *** no 'post' table found, unable to re-encode font cmsy7
> *** no 'post' table found, unable to re-encode font cmmi10
> *** no 'post' table found, unable to re-encode font cmmi7
> *** no 'post' table found, unable to re-encode font cmr5
> *** no 'post' table found, unable to re-encode font cmr7
> *** no 'post' table found, unable to re-encode font cmsy10  )
> Output written on transforms.pdf (1 page).

The output doesn't seem affected, but I don't remember having seen
these warnings before.

Is this due to the fact that I've the BSR/AMS version of CM/AMS fonts
in my Classic System Folder? (In case that might matter, these are
"hidden" versions of the fonts, that I have created myself with ResEdit
and EdMetrics.) Or is it some other problem? The OS is 10.3.4, clean
(hopefully) after two days (and nights) spent doing an Archive &
Install plus putting back all the third party software in place from
the respective installer software.

Bruno Voisin