[XeTeX] xelatex: problem with dumping format

Gilles Pérez-Lambert gpl at long-player.net
Fri Jun 4 15:11:32 CEST 2004

Hello,

I tried to create the format for xelatex (with fmtutil) after
installing it in my texlive~2003 distribution and I got:
        .
        .
....many things...
(/usr/local/texlive2003/texmf/tex/generic/hyphen/hrhyph.tex)
\l at hungarian=\language16

(/usr/local/texlive2003/texmf/tex/generic/hyphen/huhyph.tex
Hungarian hyphenation patterns
! Nonletter.
l.51 1b<C3><AF><C2><88><C2><B1>
          be
?
! Emergency stop.
l.51 1b<C3><AF><C2><88><C2><B1>
          be
End of file on the terminal!
        .
        .
For now, I suppressed the Hungarian and the Russian hyphantion patterns
in language.dat for xelatex to work.

Any idea?

By the way, is there a way to have babel work with xetex?

Thanks in advance for your answer and thanks for xetex!

Gilles.