[XeTeX] OS X fonts.

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Jul 22 05:01:59 CEST 2004

On 7/21/04 9:48 PM, "Alain Schremmer" <Schremmer.Alain at verizon.net> wrote:

> Greetings to all.
>
> I was recently told that to use Futura Condensed Medium, a resident
> font under Panther, I "just need to get it installed for TeX to use."
>
> So, I i-installed XeTeX, changed the preferences in TeXshop and had no
> idea how to continue.
>
> I looked up the FAQ, etc but didn't find anything relevant.
>
> I am quite new at LaTeX and am quite stuck.
>
> Should anyone be able to point me in the right direction, I would
> greatly appreciate.
>
> Regards
> --schremmer

Howdy,

Download the Sample Files from the Download Page at

 <http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=xetex>

And typeset the XeTeX-notes document (using XeTeX naturally). It has some
useful information there. There is also a FAQ page there. All in all you've
got to remember that XeTeX is really at an early stage and seems to be most
easily used using XeTeX rather than XeLaTeX; at least to me.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest.com)