[XeTeX] XeTeX release 0.84 available

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Jul 15 10:43:10 CEST 2004

Le 14 juil. 04, à 17:52, Jonathan Kew a écrit :

> Version 0.84 includes a fix in the OpenType font handling that should
> make fully-voweled Arabic text work without the words jumping around
> on the page! (Other fonts could potentially be affected, too.)
>
> It also includes new primitives that make it possible to query an
> OpenType font to discover the available layout feature tags and
> supported scripts/languages. There is no documentation of these at
> this point, but a new file in the Sample Files archive demonstrates
> their use. (These features are intended only for technically-inclined
> users anyway <grin>!)

Hello,

Giving a try at OpenType-info.tex, after defining \fontname as cmr10
(which I thought should have referred to
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/otf/xetex/bluesky/cm/
cmr10.otf), I get:

This is XeTeXk, Version 3.14159-2.1-0.84 (Web2C 7.5.2)
  %&-line parsing enabled.
entering extended mode
(./OpenType-info.tex
! Font \testfont=cmr10 at 12.0pt not loadable: ATSUI font not found.
l.7 \font\testfont="\fontname" at 12pt

I guess this is perfectly normal, given the CM OTF fonts are not
"standard" OS X OTF fonts, installed at the standard locations
/Library/Fonts etc. Maybe a warning should be specified then, in
OpenType-info.tex, telling which type of font files can be used.

I used cmr10.otf because I'm unsure which font files, if any, on my
setup are OTF.

Bruno Voisin