[XeTeX] hz

Somadevah at aol.com Somadevah at aol.com
Mon Jul 5 01:02:40 CEST 2004

In a message dated 4/7/04 4:38:55 pm, jonathan_kew at sil.org writes:

> Note how some lines have extra interletter space, and one of the "fi"
> ligatures is decomposed.

Aha! I had not realised this is possible. I will now have to see if I can
figure out how to use Apple's font tools to add such features to some Devanagari
font. If only there were an easy graphical interface for AAT tables. For many
Indian languages such a glyph substitution mechanism to produce good line
breaks would be ideal, for some types of poetry are riddled with long compound
words giving TeX little interword space to stretch or shrink, and even the best
hyphenation algorithm often fails.

Many thanks for this clarification,

Somadeva