[XeTeX] Long dash "--" in Latex

Bruce D'Arcus bdarcus at fastmail.fm
Fri Jul 2 20:41:33 CEST 2004

On Jul 2, 2004, at 1:21 PM, Musa Furber wrote:

> LaTeX is way cooler than XML. For me, at least.

:-)

XML alone isn't all that interesting, but XML + XSLT is all about
giving one the power to generate however many views one wants, in
whatever (text-based) format one wants.  Just write a different style
sheet, which is MUCH easier than writing TeX code.  I use it with my
documents to output different views in both LaTeX and XHTML.

With LaTeX, you're stuck in PS or PDF, or with awkward HTML or RTF
converters.

Oh, and XML was designed with unicode in mind.

Bruce