[XeTeX] .enc files, for future reference

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Sat Dec 11 10:41:12 CET 2004

Hi

After all of my pain-staking labour :) I've discovered fontforge will
automatically create encoding files for you. (I'm glad I did it all
manually coz I learned a fair bit about stuff.)

Open the font, then choose "Generate Fonts..." from the file menu,
click on "Options" and check "Output TFM & ENC". Then save the font as
whatever and the .enc file will be there too.

The rest of getting a font to work (cf. the problems with Euler Script)
is fairly simple.

Regards,
Will