[XeTeX] XeTeX and TeX Live 2004

Jan Eden lists at janeden.org
Mon Dec 6 17:16:05 CET 2004

Jonathan Kew wrote on 06.12.2004:

>On 6 Dec 2004, at 4:00 pm, Jan Eden wrote:
>
>>My self-defined document classes are all set up for A4 paper. I did
>>not expect xdv2pdf to refer to the OS X printing system, but in any
>>case: my system settings use A4, too.
>
>It's supposed to, but apparently this must not be working for you.
>(Are you running 10.3.x?)

Yes, 10.3.6.

>>But this is really a minor issue, I can live with manually using
>>the -papersize / -p argument.
>
>You could include this in a TeXShop "engine" file or similar script,
>depending on your working environment.

I am actually calling xelatex from within a Perl script, so I only have to include the argument once.

XeTeX actually allowed me to write this script which automates letter generation for my workgroup via a webbrowser, because I hesitated to convert two more fonts for use with the traditional TeX font system.

Thanks again,

Jan
--
Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.