[XeTeX] Euler Script: Fixed!

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Mon Dec 6 10:35:12 CET 2004

On 5 Dec 2004, at 11:20 pm, Chris Menzel wrote:

> Got it!  Even though I cleansed my system of fink's tetex, looking at
> my
> env vars I noticed /sw/bin was in my path before my teTeX bin dir.
> That
> didn't feel right.  Sure enough, I switched those two around, and the
> problem disappeared.  Looking through /sw/bin I found the likely
> culprit
> -- a copy of xdv2pdf.

Yes, that would do it... because running xdv2pdf from that location, it
won't find the right "home" as a basis for constructing texmf tree
paths.

> Thanks for all your help -- my bad all the way here, sorry to have
> wasted your time (though I'm not sure I'd have been focused enough to
> see the problem without the discussion).

No need to apologize! Each problem that comes up can be an opportunity
to gain a better understanding of how all the pieces work (or not!)
together, and possibly to identify ways to make things more reliable
and robust.

Regards,