[XeTeX] Euler Script: Fixed!

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Sun Dec 5 19:39:36 CET 2004

On 5 Dec 2004, at 1:17 pm, Chris Menzel wrote:

> when I run xelatex I am getting the error
>
>   psfonts.map not found; texmf.cnf may be broken
>
> psfonts does in fact live in
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/ as a symlink
> to psfonts_t1.map in the same dir.

xdv2pdf relies on "borrowing" dvips's configuration file to help it
identify font files associated with .tfm-based fonts, and use the
proper encodings. But apparently it isn't finding it on your system.

In Terminal, try

	kpsewhich -format "dvips config" psfonts.map

and see if it is found.... that should be equivalent (I think) to what
xdv2pdf does internally to locate the file.

My guess is that your texmf.cnf is lacking an entry that is needed to
find this file (perhaps it points to where the Fink teTeX used to be?).
One approach might be to reinstall the TeX i-Package (and then XeTeX,
which will be deleted by a reinstallation), if you can't identify the
specific configuration item that needs to be updated.