[XeTeX] fontspec 1.5 (& Lucida Math)

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Dec 3 03:26:52 CET 2004

On 12/2/04 8:14 PM, "Bruno Voisin" <bvoisin at mac.com> wrote:

> Given XeTeX can't use PFB fonts, it needs those old fonts (the same as
> for Textures) for Lucida and MathTime. This is not connected with any
> "expert" option. (Or did I misunderstand? Do you mean you have the
> standard Lucida fonts in FFIL/LWFN format and the expert set in PFB
> format only?)

Howdy,

Yes, I had all the standard Lucida Bright Fonts w/Lucida NewMath in
FFIL/LWFN format for TeXtures under OS 7 through OS 9 and bought the expert
set in .pfb format only after I had produced the .pfb set from the FFIL/LWFM
set for use with gwtex. Your parenthetical remark is correct.

I must say that if it wasn't for many discussions by you and others on this
list I never would have known how to do that conversion; many thanks again!

Note; the problem with \Gamma (and presumably other symbols too) occurs even
when no special math font is used with fontspec 1.5, just the \setromanfont{
Hoefler Text} does it.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest.com)