[XeTeX] fontspec 1.5 (& Lucida Math)

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Dec 3 00:19:47 CET 2004

On 12/2/04 5:04 PM, "Will Robertson" <will at guerilla.net.au> wrote:

> Hello XeTeX-math-ers
>
> Based on what's in lucbmath.sty, I really have no idea why the fontspec
> package would make the \Gamma disappear. Without access to the fonts, I
> don't think I'll be able to fix the problem. If anyone is happy sending
> me a copy of the fonts/support files (exclusively to be used for this
> testing purpose only), I can look into it more. (Is it even possible to
> buy them at the moment?)
>
> Meanwhile, I'll also look into the Euler Script issue.
>
> Regards,
> Will

Howdy,

Actually, the lucbmath package gives me terrible trouble in even a simple
document. My problem with \Gamma is with no math package! Try this:

%&program=xelatex
%&encoding=UTF-8 Unicode
% Basic XeLaTeX Document
\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{fontspec}
\setromanfont{Hoefler Text}

\begin{document}

Here is an Upper Case Gamma: \(\Gamma\)!

\end{document}

I get no \Gamma displayed.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz