[XeTeX] Re: Is context working in XeTeX?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Dec 2 18:47:16 CET 2004

Hi Jonathan,

> By the way, I haven't been following this thread very closely, but one
> thought did come to mind: when xetex moves to using the .fmt extension
> in place of .xfmt (coming in the next update, to fit in better with
> TL2004), you'll need to think about using a different base name for the
> "xecontext" format in order to avoid a clash with the standard
> pdftex-based context.
>
> Just a heads-up .... JK

when the simplication to 'fmt' was discusses, the idea was that the distinction
would be achieved by using an engine subpath

web2c/xetex/...
web2c/pdfetex/...
web2c/aleph/...

unfortunately tetex does not follow the tds recommendation in this.

however, texexec supports this, either by

   texexec --engine

or by an entry in the ini file, e.g.

   for tetex set UseEnginePath to true

Hans