[XeTeX] fontspec 1.5

Jon Breitenbucher kahless at mac.com
Wed Dec 1 16:26:52 CET 2004

Will,

Is there a way to allow this mechanism to select the Caption, Regular,
Subhead, and Display fonts for a specified size range? Something like

\fontspec[<-8.9>={Warnock Pro Caption}]{Warnock Pro}
\fontspec[<9-13>={Warnock Pro}]{Warnock Pro}
\fontspec[<13.1-24>={Warnock Pro Subhead}]{Warnock Pro}
\fontspec[<24.1->={Warnock Pro Display}]{Warnock Pro}

making the size information global and allow one to set Bold as

\fontspec[Bold={Warnock Pro Semibold}]{Warnock Pro}

which would retain all the previous size information.

Or possibly allow one to set Bold as

\fontspec[{Bold,<-8.9>}={Warnock Pro Semibold Caption}]{Warnock Pro}?

On Dec 1, 2004, at 12:54 AM, Will Robertson wrote:

<snip>

> New feature: It is also possible to define your own bold and italic
> shapes in a font family. For example, you may select the Baskerville
> family with semibold with
>    \fontspec[Bold={Baskerville SemiBold}]{Baskerville}
>    \bfseries Some semi-bold Baskerville text.

<snip>
______________________________________
We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves
than by those which have occurred to others.
(Blaise Pascal)

Jon Breitenbucher
The College of Wooster
308 E. University