[XeTeX] Default font in XeLaTeX?

Jon Breitenbucher kahless at mac.com
Tue Aug 31 04:32:03 CEST 2004

On Aug 30, 2004, at 10:50 AM, Robert Voogdgeert wrote:

> Op 30-aug-04 om 16:23 heeft Jonathan Kew het volgende geschreven:
>
>> but anything that deals with character encodings and custom fonts
>> seems likely to have problems.
>>

> This is exactly one of the problems. Currently I'm working with
> Minion, based on the minion.sty etc. as described in Lehman's guide.
> How can I work with XeLaTeX and have a font, e.g. Minion Pro as
> default font. Is this done with the fd files which were topic on this
> list too? I downloaded some of Jon Breitenbucher, but didn't try them
> yet.
>

> robert.
Robert,

The .zip should have a upmnx.fd and UMinionPro.sty or something
similar(I can't remember exactly which revision is posted). If not I
can supply them to interested parties. I think Bruce or another font
guru had indicated that my upmnx.fd contained too many fonts. It has
Condensed, Regular, Semibold Condensed, Semibold, Bold, and Bold
Condensed. This file should be split up, but I never heard anything on
the TeX Font mailing list as to what the best way to split it would be.
Time travel, it's a cornucopia of disturbing concepts. (Ron Stoppable)

Jon Breitenbucher
The College of Wooster
308 E. University
Wooster, Ohio 44691