[XeTeX] More Math Fonts?

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Wed Aug 25 10:34:54 CEST 2004

On 25 Aug 2004, at 5:45 PM, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> There's your answer. The xdv2pdf driver doesn't support VFs.
>
> (And if it did, people would still get frustrated because the virtual
> fonts would often refer to "real" fonts that exist in PK or PFB
> forms....which CoreGraphics doesn't support.)

The thing is that you've tricked people into thinking XeTeX is more
than it really is. If you'd said from the outset: "right, only
installed Mac OS X fonts are allowed" then you'd be fine. Of course,
people would complain about maths, and rightly so.

> I don't know what form the Fourier fonts take, so don't know what it
> would take to support them.

They're PFB, so it couldn't be much harder than what you've done with
the CM fonts.

> Every now and then, I consider starting this project, but it's hard to
> find the time.... "real work" gets in the way!

Have you considered applying for a grant from TUG?
If you're keen, that is. Then it could be real work!