[XeTeX] A problem with XeTeX 0.5

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Thu Apr 29 16:11:38 CEST 2004

Hi Jonathan,

On 29/04/2004, at 7:47 PM, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> Hmmm.... sounds like your psfonts.map file doesn't include the
> expected entry. New in 0.5 is that xdv2pdf uses psfonts.map to help
> locate font files (for fonts that are used in "TFM-based" mode; not
> for "native" fonts installed in OS X and used without TFMs).

The CM fonts now work for me, in this revision of XeTeX.
Thanks for the new strategy, and all those .otf  fonts.
Do you have an easy explanation for why it didn't work
previously ?

Tracing of  xdv2pdf  shows that the CM .tfm  files are found,
as is  psfonts.map  , but I don't see anywhere that indicates
how or where it found the .otf  font files.

I'll update  xetex.def  for the changes to rotations/scaling
of images, after testing the new features.

Cheers,

	Ross

Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au
Sydney, Australia                                  fax: +61 +2 9850 8114

Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au
Sydney, Australia                                  fax: +61 +2 9850 8114