[XeTeX] XeTeX 0.4 available

Bruno Voisin bruno.voisin at hmg.inpg.fr
Thu Apr 22 10:29:50 CEST 2004

Le 22 avr. 04, à 10:12, Jonathan Kew a écrit :

> For PDF figures, you really want to be using \pdffile (which will do
> true PDF inclusion) rather than \picfile (which will use the QuickTime
> graphic import APIs, which amounts to loading the PDF into a bitmap
> image).

It turns out you get \pdffile used instead of \picfile, by simply
correcting a typo in xetex.def:

	\def\G at pdf@ext{pdf}

should be changed to:

	\def\G at pdf@ext{.pdf}

In this way the test:

   \ifx\Gin at ext\G at pdf@ext
    \ifx\Gin at XeTeX@page\@empty\else
      \edef\picpage{ page\Gin at XeTeX@page}\fi
    \def\picfilecommand{\pdffile}%
   \else
    \def\picfilecommand{\picfile}%
   \fi

manages to pick up \pdffile if the file has a .pdf extension, and
\picfile otherwise. With my example I still get warnings, and have to
press "s", but the output includes the PDF figure.

Bruno