[XeTeX] XeTeX 0.4 available

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Apr 21 14:57:35 CEST 2004

At 13:31 21/04/2004, Jonathan Kew wrote:

>Not all extensions have historically used such prefixes. For example,
>MLTeX gave us things like \charsubdef, not \mlxcharsubdef; and e-TeX gave
>us \currentgrouptype, \fontcharwd, and even \middle (easy to imagine that
>in someone's macros).

but graphic inclusion was never part of tex and always provides by wrappers
that map onto primitives or specials, e.g. in context it would be:

   \externalfigure[whatever.pic]

and i'd internally handle the xtex driver handle it (once i've made such a
driver); i fear that for advance pdf i have to fall back on pdfmarks (sigh,
i was happily rid of them).

>I'm not strongly committed one way or the other on this; I'm certainly
>willing to consider changing the names at this stage. I'd be glad to hear
>other opinions.
>

>>It may be there (i didn't look inti the pool file yet):
>>
>>- \xtxversion is needed as well
>
>Yes, that would be a good idea. Expect it shortly! :-)

good, it's needed in order to provide support from macro packages

Hans