[XeTeX] XeTeX 0.4 available

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Tue Apr 20 19:17:07 CEST 2004

I've posted a new version of XeTeX, the Unicode-based TeX for OS X; see

	http://scripts.sil.org/xetex/

This fixes a number of reported bugs:
* incorrect setting of \mathchar values
* height and width keywords for \picfile and \pdffile were not working
* fclose() error messages related to font loading
* excessively large PDF file generation when using TFM-based (rather
than AAT) fonts
* bad OTF encoding prevented Acrobat viewing output with TFM-based fonts

It also adds a couple of new features:
* driver support for \special{x:textcolorpush/pop} and
\special{x:rulecolorpush/pop}
* precompiled LaTeX format (xelatex.xfmt) is included, and xelatex link
to executable is installed

Note that the installer scripts are known to be fragile, and may fail
to find the proper directories for installation on setups that differ
significantly from a standard teTeX/gwTeX installation. Look in
/tmp/xetex-install/ for clues if installation fails.

I'd be happy to receive suggestions for better approaches to
installation, from those more familiar with the various ways a TeX
system on OS X may be configured.

Jonathan