[XeTeX] Re: [MacTeX] XeTeX

William Adams wadams at atlis.com
Mon Apr 12 16:17:48 CEST 2004

Bruce said:
> I think the docs say as much.  The font support was massively improved
> in Panther, so I'm thinking this wouldn't have been possible earlier?

The web pages merely say it's not been tested w/ older versions.

I don't see how improved font support would affect mere installation.

> BTW, I wonder if we need to start thinking about a generic rich font
> interface for these fonts?  The Omega people are going to need to deal
> with this too, as are macro stuff.

Well, that's been the crux of my work on Zapfino... I think Prof. Hoenig
has amply demonstrated that macros are not the ideal interface for this
sort of thing.

William