[XeTeX] Re: [MacTeX] XeTeX

Bruce D'Arcus bdarcus at fastmail.fm
Sat Apr 10 19:28:59 CEST 2004

On Apr 10, 2004, at 12:47 PM, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> Accidentally, I noticed this stuff too and emailed them offering help
> in creating an i-Package, asking them to open source their efforts for
> TeX Live (which incidentally is going to be using only one engine
> which can do all types (tex, tetex, pdftex, pdfetex).

Interestingly, the -v flag shows in part the following, which suggests
good things on the licensing front:

====
Redistribution of this software is
covered by the terms of both the XeTeX copyright and
the GNU General Public License.

For more information about these matters, see the files
named COPYING and the XeTeX source.
====

I hope this wasn't a typo!

Bruce