[XeTeX] Re: [MacTeX] XeTeX

Wendy McKay wgm at cds.caltech.edu
Sat Apr 10 00:53:18 CEST 2004

Bruce.

Thank you.

Would you volunteer to be the point of contact and find out
what you can to follow up on your suggestion.

Maybe the font gurus on this list can get together and
put together a draft of letter if you need one.
We can ask SIL internationl if their TeX gurus would like to join our
Mactex discussion group if you think they will be interested.

Do you know anything about the company?
They are in Dallas?  Maybe our Texan connections can drop
by and have a chat with them if that is not too difficult
to do.  Personal contact is always better.  (Bob?)!!  :-)

Just out of interest, I was not able to read the webpage
and pdf file
http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=xetex
http://www.users.muohio.edu/darcusb/files/FontSamples.pdf
on Red Hat Linux 9.x using Mozilla.

It is still trying to download the pages since the messages
came through. Both the pdf file and the .php file are having
problems.

No  problem on a powerbook  using  Safari with  Panther 10.3.3!
Is there anything special on this page or the pdf file
because of the  fonts or is it just our
Linux/Mozilla acting up and unable to handle the pages.
Seems very strange.

--wendy

On Fri, 9 Apr 2004, Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

> OK, I just tested it out.  Here's an example document, using Skia
> (complete with its multiple-master like support) and Hoefler Text.
>
> 	http://www.users.muohio.edu/darcusb/files/FontSamples.pdf
>
> Very, VERY, cool!
>
> If only we could get 'em to give it a free license and allow it to be
> included as default with i-Installer, complete with maybe some style
> files to make the fonts easier to use...
>
> Bruce

Wendy G. McKay
Control and Dynamical Systems 107-81
California Institute of Technology