[XeTeX] Re: [MacTeX] XeTeX

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Sat Apr 10 11:27:36 CEST 2004

On 10/04/2004, at 1:50 PM, Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

> On Apr 9, 2004, at 7:50 PM, Ross Moore wrote:
>
>>> I gotta believe there's a way to realize some of the goals discussed
>>> here previously using this tool.  Nevertheless, even this then has
>>> limitations (input files must be unicode).
>>
>>   ... and hyphenation isn't implemented within ATSUI fonts.
>
> Actually, hyphenation is now there.  From the XeTeX-notes file:

OK. Indeed the  PicFileSample  shows this.

Did anyone else have difficulties installing ?

When I first tried, the .pool, .xfmt and .otf files were not copied into
the texmf/ tree.
I was able to trace the problems, using the preflight and postflight
scripts for the installation, and get it all working.

But even then, there is a *big* problem (at least on my 10.3.2 system)
with:
    1.  the CM-test.tex  example
    2.  using LaTeX with  xetex .

Here's what I get with the CM example: