[XeTeX] Re: [MacTeX] XeTeX

Bruno Voisin Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr
Sat Apr 10 02:55:22 CEST 2004

> Do you know anything about the company?
> They are in Dallas?  Maybe our Texan connections can drop
> by and have a chat with them if that is not too difficult
> to do.  Personal contact is always better.  (Bob?)!!  :-)

The programming here seems to be done in UK actually. From
XeTeX-Notes.tex:

Questions and comments concerning \XeTeX\ may be sent to the author at
the
email address |nrsi at sil.org| (please include "XeTeX" in the Subject:
line), or to:{\obeylines \parskip0pt \parindent2\parindent	Non-Roman
Script Initiative
	SIL International
	Horsleys Green
	High Wycombe, Bucks HP14 3XL
	England}

> Just out of interest, I was not able to read the webpage
>          and pdf file
> http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=xetex
>
> http://www.users.muohio.edu/darcusb/files/FontSamples.pdf
> on Red Hat Linux 9.x using Mozilla.
>
> It is still trying to download the pages since the messages
> came through. Both the pdf file and the .php file are having
> problems.
>
> No  problem on a powerbook  using  Safari with  Panther 10.3.3!
> Is there anything special on this page or the pdf file
> because of the  fonts or is it just our
> Linux/Mozilla acting up and unable to handle the pages.
> Seems very strange.

I had problems reading their files with Safari until I disactivated
popup
blocking: these pages are implemented as popups.
Bruno