[twg-tds] scripts, enc/lig/map

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Mar 2 15:15:58 CET 2004

    How strict is TDS, for instance, should texmf.cnf in web2c or are
    packagers free to put that file inti /etc (as happens)

We cannot control the world, but the TDS specifies a place for texmf.cnf
(in the Web2c section), so if a distribution moves it, they're obviously
"tampering".  Up to them.

    this will permits user groups etc to taks a stand like "if the tree
    is not TDS complient, we cannot help you, contact your distributer"

You can say that anyway if you want to.  I don't see the need to include
anything more about this.  It's implicit in the whole document that if
you arrange the files as specified, it's TDS-compliant, if not, not.