[twg-tds] Re: [tex-implementors] tds draft 1.095

Thomas Esser te at dbs.uni-hannover.de
Mon Jun 7 11:09:13 CEST 2004

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 10:52:26AM +0200, Bzyl Wlodzimierz wrote:
>   It means that Type1 fonts are platform dependent.

Some platforms normally use the binary format, others normally use
the ascii format. Programs like dvips and pdftex can use both (on all
platforms). So, I would not say that the fonts themselves are platform
dependent.

>   Also pfm files are usable only under Windows.
>   Am I right?

Yannis describes the situation correctly: the files contain some
information that is useful for the Windows platform. The problem is that
these files are 100% useless if they are not stored together with the
font files in the same directory.

Thomas