[twg-tds] scripts, enc/lig/map

Paul Vojta vojta at Math.Berkeley.EDU
Thu Feb 19 02:46:27 CET 2004

> Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 20:24:47 -0500
> From: karl at freefriends.org (Karl Berry)
> To: twg-tds at tug.org
> Subject: [twg-tds] scripts, enc/lig/map
>
> \item[\path|scripts|]
> for platform-independent executable files, such as Perl, Python, and
> shell scripts, and Java class files.

What about platform-dependent executable files (of an auxiliary nature)?

> The intent is not for all
> such directories to be added to a user's command search path, but to
> benefit helper scripts in the normal executable directory.

This doesn't seem clear to me.  Are the helper scripts in texmf/bin/arch,
or in texmf/scripts/package?  It would seem to me that the latter would
contain the helper scripts that would help main programs in texmf/bin/arch,
but the above sentence seems to be saying the opposite.

--Paul Vojta, vojta at math.berkeley.edu