[twg-tds] storing scripts in the texmf tree

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau at supelec.fr
Fri Feb 13 23:19:15 CET 2004

> On the other hand, I do not see why this would have to be the case:
> updating the ls-R file doesn't change the already-loaded segments.

The user may expect his latest changes to be taken into account. If he
adds some package to his texmf tree while xdvi is running, xdvi won't
see the new package after mktexlsr. But worse, if xdvi is locking the
shared memory segment, any new process will reuse it because it is there.
So you end up with some unnatural behaviour.

Fabrice