[twg-tds] [gaulle@idris.fr: a TDS question]

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Jun 23 20:01:33 CEST 2003

    Why not have a language.cnf file allowing
         to set TEXINPUTS.language_name definition lines?

That sounds like a very interesting idea to me. I wonder about a couple
of things, though:

1) the mapping between \language numbers and names is not constant,
   right?  For instance, one system might have German as \language1, and
   another have French.  Does any information get dumped in the format
   which could help determine this?  Otherwise, I'm afraid discrepancies
   would creep in.

2) interaction between the existing paths and this new one.  I guess it
   would get read first.  So it would have to include . first, etc.

Anyway, the real question is what Olaf thinks of it, since he's the one
who has to implement it :).

Thanks,