tds draft 0.9991

K. Berry twg-tds@tug.cs.umb.edu
Tue, 14 Jan 1997 17:29:29 -0500 (EST)

Some time ago, Paul V. suggested:

    In other words, you're talking about `texmf/fonts/pk/modeless/gsftopk/adobe...'.
    How about considering instead `texmf/fonts/pk/modeless/adobe...'?  I really
    don't see a need to separate font files by who created them.  If somebody
    wants to delete all the pk files created by gsftopk, let them blow away
    the whole modeless tree; things will reappear automagically.  Or, it's
    possible to write a utility to read the pk files for specials indicating
    which program created the pk file.

Did we reach a conclusion on this?

I'm not sure what I think.  I admist it is appealing to make `modeless'
just be a mode, instead of having to special case the whole tree
underneath.  And I suspect most sites will use only one of ps2pk or
gsftopk, not both.  So maybe it will fly ...

wdyt?

After we reach consensus on this, I will make another pre-release 0.9992
for our editing pleasure. Then I think one more public release, 0.9999,
then after some time 1.0, if that sounds ok to all ...