Review of TeX Live CD

Ulrik Vieth twg-tds@mail.tug.org@tug.cs.umb.edu
Thu, 19 Sep 1996 11:54:16 +0200

Hi folks,

those of you that have been involved in the preparation of the
`TeX Live' CD earlier this year might be interested to learn
that a review article (in German) about this CD-ROM has just
been published in issue 2/96  of `Die TeXnische Komödie',
the members journal of DANTE e.V.

Here's the BibTeX record:

@Article{DTK-96/2-Vieth,
  author = 	 "Ulrik Vieth",
  title = 	 "{\TeX} Live -- Die erste TDS-konforme ready-to-run
	{\TeX} CD-ROM f{\"u}r Unix-Systeme und andere Plattformen",
  journal = 	 DTK,
  year = 	 1996,
  volume =	 "2/96",
  pages =	 "56--63",
  abstract =     "Dieser Artikel berichtet über die Entstehung der
	{\TeX} Live CD-ROM,  einer auf der {\tt teTeX}-Distribution
	für Unix-Systeme basierenden TDS-konformen {\TeX} CD-ROM,
	die im Rahmen eines Gemeinschaftsprojekts von Mitgliedern
	verschiedener {\TeX}-Benutzergruppen in Zusammenarbeit mit
	der TWG-TDS entstand und Ende Mai 1996 auf einer
	GUTenberg-Tagung zum Thema {\TeX}-Distributionen
	vorgestellt wurde."}

Now, that my article has been published, I've put up the DVI file of
my final draft before submission (which corresponds to the published
version except for very minor subsequent edits) on my local WWW pages.
If any of you want to have a look at it, you should find it at

  http://www.thphy.uni-duesseldorf.de/~vieth/subjects/tex/reviews/tex-live.dvi

Unfortunately, I don't have time to do a tranlation or write another
review in English since I need to get some real work done and prepare
a talk about it during the next few weeks, so don't bother asking.
If you want to have the CD reviewed for TUGboat or Baskerville, etc.
you'll probably have  to find another ``volunteer'', I'm afraid...

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know about it.

Cheers, Ulrik.