Helmut Kopka's interpretation of the TDS

Pierre MacKay twg-tds@mail.tug.org
Sun, 24 Nov 1996 21:25:50 -0800

I second Sebastian's observations.  The Solaris package I presently
offer has no need to conform to the (from the Unix user's standpoint)
annoying restrictions imposed by the considerable effort
to make allowances for DOS-related limitations, but I try to
make all filename DOS-compatible.  I do include links in the
package that make the package more workable in Unix, but
the actual files are held to 8+3 formats.

One failure in this scheme is the TDS documentation itself.

Is there any consistent set of file and directory names that
can be used for this sub-tree?
%=======================================================================%
|                             N O T I C E                               |
|  Please note the changes in address and telephone number below.       |
|  There is no Northwest Computing Support Center any longer.           |
|  Until further notice, I shall be continuing to provide tape          |
|  distributions  and whatever other services I can.                    |
Email concerned with UnixTeX distribution software may be sent
To:     mackay@cs.washington.edu		Pierre A. MacKay
Smail:  Department of Classics			Emeritus Druid for
	Denny Hall, Mail Stop DH-10		Unix-flavored TeX
	University of Washington
	Seattle, WA 98195
	(206) 543-2268 (Message recorder)